We value the parent involvement at St. Anastasia School.
Home and School Association:
The Home and School Association serves as a bridge for positive interaction between parents and school staff as it supports the school and its programs. The Association includes parents, our Principal, and a school staff member. We conduct fund raisers that are used to help purchase classroom materials, equipment, and Home & School sponsored activities. We currently meet on the third Thursday of the month at 6:30 PM in Room 109. All are welcome to join us! For more information, contact any of the Current Officers or send a message through the Contact Us page.
Throughout the year the Home & School association organizes and sponsors the following events:
- Welcome Committee (August)
- Family Fun Movie Evening (September)
- Hayride/Bonfire (September/October)
- Online Magazine Sales Fund Raiser (October)
- Basket Fund Raiser (November/December)
- Book Fairs (Fall/Winter)
- Catholic Schools Week (January/February)
- Fat Tuesday Family Fun Night (February/March)
- Kids Garage Sale (May)
- Sixth Grade graduation gift purchase (May)
- Campbell Soup Labels/Box Tops/Kemps Sorting (ongoing throughout the year)
As a committee we work on the vision, goals and action plans for the school. We provide input on the budget, policy formation and review, and work to improve the programs offered throughout the school. Our primary focus is to support the school staff, teachers, students and parents to maintain the high quality Christian Education that St. Anastasia Catholic School provides for its students.
Developed and updated school brochures
Worked to increase the school’s visibility within the community through the media and various community activities
Provided direction and guidance in the development of the new website
Raised money through fundraisers and grants to implement a school-wide technology plan which helped to provide SMART Boards for every classroom, document camera, and a computer lab with flat screen monitors.
The Advisory Committee meets the second Tuesday of every month (except July) in the school library. Agendas are distributed the week before the meeting to give members a chance to review the materials. Items distributed include financial statements, written reports from the School and Kids Depot which recap the current month’s happenings, and any other relevant materials.
Interested in joining the Advisory Committee? We are always looking for new members. If you’re interested, please contact Julie Shelby or Cara Mach.
There are many ways in which parents can get involved in St. Anastasia Catholic School by volunteering regularly or for special events. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Technology Committee
- Knights of Columbus Breakfast
- St. Anastasia Basketball Tourney Help
- St. Anastasia Basketball Breakfast
- Knights of Columbus Fish Fry
- Classroom Field Trips
- Room Parents
- Bookfair Volunteers
- Easter and Thanksgiving Dinner
- Marathon Bonfire
- Class Party Volunteers
- Fat Tuesday
- Iowa Basic Snack Schedule
- Catholic School’s Week (Ice Skating, Muffin Breakfast Servers, Popcorn Makers)
- Advent Program Reception
- First Reconciliation Reception
- Track and Field Day Volunteers
- Grandparents Day
- Garage Sale
- Vision and Hearing Testing
- Math and Reading Games
- Lunch Room Duty
- Playground Duty
- SCRIP Seller
- Mass Greeter